Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gotta love uneducated people!

Now, I know that one of my biggest issues is that I have absolutely no patience for stupid people, none, not an ounce. However, I do not expect everyone to be well educated about fertility, however I do expect people to not be ignorant. Espically people who know that John and I are going through fertility treatments.

Today I was speaking to two of my co workers, both who know me fairly well and know that we are having issues getting pregnant. So the girl starts talking about how retarded the octo mom is. Now we all know that is my favorite topic and I have such an opnion on the octo mom, much of which I have learned to keep to myself!

So I started to say that as much as I disagree with what the octo mom did, I do feel that we as a soceity do not know her circumstances or her diagnosis. Then I added on, I really feel that people who know nothing about fertility treatments or anything about what its like to go through them should not pass judgements on those going through them. I am sitting there talking to two people who both have no children and have never tried to have kids. So my feelings are that they have both get no opnion when it deals with infertility or fertility treatments.

I really dont think people think before they speak, here you are sitting next to someone who is getting ready to start IVF and you are talking about how horrible IVF is and how wrong it is. What people dont understand is that octo mom is one isolated incident that does not happen everyday, the chances of that happening is one in 10 million, one in 40 million- take your pick!

No comments: