Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trying to keep it all together!

Well, we are in the home stretch, in about a week and a half we will have our insurnace, which means that we can start our IVF cycle. I will start birth control pills when I start my period the first week of April, so its BCP's for about 3 weeks, about mid way through April I will start Lupron, to surpress my ovaries. Then after I am fully suppressed (checked almost daily with bloodwork) then I can start stims (which in my case is Follistim) daily injections to stimulate my ovaries to produce lots of eggs.
Then after about 12-14 days of Follistim and lots of ultrasounds to check follicle growth they will schedule me for the egg retreival. That is when they stick a big ass needle through my uterine wall and they asperiate each individual follicle to get the egg out. Then the eggs will be fertilitzed with John's sperm and will be put in the incubator to grown. In then in either 3 or 5 days they best embroyos will be put back into my uterus and will hopefully implant and I will finally be pregnant.
So I am going nuts waiting to get going! I feel like this entire process is waiting waiting and more waiting.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reach Out and Touch the
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Fertility Statues – By Fax

Company makes it easy for women to give the Fertility Statues a try by faxing handprints to statue tour stops

Orlando, Fla. (March. 24, 2009) – Thousands of couples trying to conceive have made visits to Ripley's Believe It or Not! museums across the country to touch the company’s famous Fertility Statues over the past few months. More than 2,000 women claim that touching the statues helped them get pregnant since the company acquired them in 1993 from Africa’s Ivory Coast.

Over the years, women who couldn’t make it to see the statues have faxed their handprints to the Ripley headquarters and museums and requested that their handprints be rubbed on the statues and sent back to them.

For some, it has meant finally being able to start a family.

A California woman couldn’t make the journey, so she faxed her handprints to Ripley’s headquarters where they were rubbed on the statues. Just a few weeks later, she shared the good news via e-mail.

“I would like to report that I am now pregnant!” the woman wrote. “We even know the date of conception – 5 days after I faxed over my handprints!”

Because of an increase in the number of “faxed hands” requests, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is now encouraging people who can’t visit the statues to fax in their handprints. Museum staffers will take the time to carefully rub each fax on the mystical statues.

“We want to expand the opportunity for people to call on the Fertility Statues when trying to have a baby,” said Ripley’s VP of Communications, Tim O’Brien.
“We’ve heard from so many thankful moms, we want to make the statues available to as many people as possible.”

The “fertility via fax machine” opportunity will begin when the statues go on display at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! museum in San Francisco on April 1. People can fax their handprints to 415-771-1246. The statues will be on display there through April 26.

They will then be shipped to the Ripley’s museum in Hollywood where they will be on display from May 2 through May 31. The Hollywood fax number is 323-466-6512.

The full tour schedule with cities and dates is available on the Ripley’s Fertility Statue website.

For more information, including high resolution images and video, please visit http://www.ripleys.com/fertility/content/