Monday, February 8, 2010

Have all our prayers been answered?

Two weeks ago I went to the foster/adoption association meeting, while I was there I starting talking to a woman who asked me if I would be interested in a one month old baby girl, whose foster parents could not keep her due to some personal family issues, she gave me the phone number to the social worker that was working the case and told me to call her.

The next day I called the caseworker and left a message- and for 2 days I did not get a call back, but only by the grace of God I got a call 48 hours later on Friday from the case worker saying the baby girl was still available and could I pick her up that day, I just said yes! I didn't even call my husband and ask him. After a few phone calls we decided that we would pick her up on Monday February 1st.

That weekend we spent getting ready for the baby- we were both so excited. On Monday we picked her up and we were instantly in LOVE. We have had our little monkey for a week now, she is 6 weeks and 4 days old and is growing like a weed. She gets me up every few hours, but I love it.

She is perfect. She was meant to be a part of our family, now I just pray and pray that she stays forever!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oh wow! How fantastic.

Dirk said...

That's so great. We have started the adoption process, yet still considering one final try at IVF. It's great to hear other people's stories of successfully starting a family after trials and tribulations. Congratulations!

marisabel said...

I was reading your posts on 333 and searched where I could find if you got pregnant or not. So you adopted on feb 1 or 2010... which is 33 :P ♥ life is wonderful!