Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We got our first call!!!

OMG!!! John and I were sitting at the kitchen table working on some things tonight at 9:15pm when our home phone rings, and the caller id says "Clark County" so John goes, who would be calling us from Clark County. I screamed "honey! they are calling about a placement, answer the phone" so what does he do? Hands me the phone!! Men!! So I answer the phone, it was a new placement call- it was for a 2 year old healthy little Hawaiian boy, no parents, they are looking for his realitves.

We had to say no, because we are not quite prepared for a two year old, we have not gotten our convertible car seat yet, so we have no way to bring him home. I am now getting on that and ordering one.

John and I serioulsy feel like we are going to have a heart attack, we are so excited that we actually got a call and we are in the system and that our lives could change in a blink of an eye.
Stay tuned for our adventures in parenthood!


1 comment:

Claire said...

I gave you an award! Visit my blog to find out what it is.

And I'm really rooting for you. xxx