Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am a bad blogger!

I know I am a very bad blogger- when you have an active 7 month old time to be on the computer is just few and far between. Let's see there have been some new developments in our little monkey's case. Our caseworker filed the termination of parental rights paperwork with the DA's office. This is a HUGE step!! We are super excited!! We hope to be assigned to an adoption worked by the end of the year- which would make finalization in early 2011. Our little monkey has always been ours from day one, but it will be nice to make it official.

I know it's cliche, but she is such a joy in my life. Everything is about her, and everything is because of her. Nothing else matters if she's happy. Everything else is just not as important as her. I went to a networking event the other night and I took her with me- she was happily nomming her Sophie toy in her stroller not bothering a soul- yet I got some very evil looks when I come wheeling in with my baby in the stroller. I could have cared less- if they didn't accept her they didn't accept me. Luckily she turned on the charm and everyone was commenting on how cute she was before we left.

My life is so different, I don't sleep in, I don't go out to clubs and we almost never go to the movies, but instead I get to raise this beautiful little soul, and she is such a sweet little soul- that child does not have a mean bone in her body, she just pure love. I get up at 5am when she's hungry and I love it- I'm falling asleep by 9pm, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I thank God everyday for bringing her into our lives- she was well worth the wait!!

No comments: