Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day- a little late!

Well, in true mom's fashion I am a day late in wishing all the mom's out there a Happy Mother's Day! You know I always have to be fashionably late!!

We had a great mother's day, it started with Claire sleeping through the night, WOO HOOT! Daddy got up with her in the morning and let me sleep in until 10am! We pretty much just relaxed around the house all day, and went to dinner around 7pm. It was just the kind of day I like- relaxing at home watching movies.

I will admit that being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had, because it's 24 hours a day 7 days a week, when you are sick and when you aren't you have to work. But at the end of the day it's the most rewarding. There were so many Mother's Day's that I thought I would never get to be a mother and experience all the stuff that mom's do, so it's even more special to me. I really wanted to be a mom, because I have such a great one. Don't get me wrong my mom and I have had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day she is my best friend. People laugh when I say we talk or text at least once a day. She has taught me so much and when she tells me that I'm a good mom that means the world to me, because there are days where I feel like I am doing nothing right.

When I picked Claire up at school on Friday she was clutching this little green thing, I didn't know what it was- when I was finally able to wrestle it out of her little fingers I realized it was her hand print. Her teacher told me "she has not put that thing down since the paint dried!" It's the cutest thing, I love it and I will keep it forever!

So to all the mom's out there Happy Mother's Day! To those who are still fighting to be a mom, I've been there I know it's rough, but believe me it's all worth it at the end of the day!

No comments: