Friday, May 20, 2011

Say my name, say my name!

As I type the title of this blog post I can't help but be transported back to my college days at Bowling Green State University. Before Beyonce was a solo singer she was a member in a little band called Destiny's Child, and they had a hit song called "Say My Name". My friends and I loved that song, we could not help but roll all the windows in the car and belt out the lyrics when it was on the radio.

Now as an adult that song's title has a entirely new meaning, now that Claire's adopiton is final we have to take a bunch of steps to get her name offically changed. The first step was getting her certified adoption decree, which we just recieved, then we have to wait for her new certified birth certificate, which will have John and mine names listed as her parents- I am really looking forward to recieving that! After we get that I head off to the social security office to request a new number and change her name. Then it's all about changing her passport, and getting all her shot records and medical records switched.

It seems like an exhausting daunting process, but I'm sure it will all be fine- to ease the stress I may have to dig out my old Destiney's Child CD have a sing along!


No comments: