Friday, August 7, 2009

Met with doctor this morning.

We met with our fertility doctor this morning to discuss what the hell went wrong with our cycle. First and foremost he feels that I was indeed pregnant, but that something just didn't take and something just wasn't right with the embryo. He also feels that we should move forward with another IVF cycle and he would keep my protocol mostly the same, however maybe a bit more aggressive this time, but he does think that I had a good number of eggs. He also feels that we just could have just fallen on the wrong side of the fence and its partly bad luck. Great thanks!

Now as much as John and I would love to do another IVF cycle, we have used up all our insurance money and just don't have millions of dollars laying around for fertility treatments, I wish! Part of me feels really good with being done with IVF- at least for now- maybe in 6 months I would consider doing another cycle. We have done 2 cycles in 4 months, I am just exhausted. I need some sort of a life back.
We are thinking about doing some IUI's since those are still covered under my insurance- and it can't hurt- we could get lucky. We are also starting to research adoption. I think maybe we are in this situation because we are meant to help a child that is out there for adoption. We have such a great life, why not share that with a child.

No comments: