Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little more techno!

So yesterday I discussed how to chart your temperature and use ovulation predictor kits to track your ovulation. Now, there is an easier way!
For all of you that don't want to wake up, take your temperature, and track it every day.
There is an easier way! The Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor (CBEFM). Its a machine that is about the size of your palm that takes sticks that track your cycle. Its very easy to use, you set it when you start your period and then it will tell you when it needs a stick. When the stick is inserted it simply tests the amount of hormone in your urine and spits out a reading. It tells you when your fertility is low, high, and peak. That way you can plan intercourse when your fertility is at its peak.

The monitor can be purchased online, or at a pharmacy. I have at the best luck at Walgreens. I purchased my monitor online from an online pharmacy, I got it at a discount and it came with a 3 month supply of sticks.

The CBEFM is an investment, the monitor itself runs about $150-$200 depending on where you purchase it. And for a 3 month supply of sticks its about $50, again depending on where you purchase them. I have searched all over and the only pharmacy that I could find the sticks at consistently was Walgreens.

I highly suggest the monitor for someone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of the temping and the charting. And the CBEFM is very effective, I have never had it be wrong with its timing.

No comments: