Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost so much respect for someone!

I was with a friend on mine yesterday, now not a good friend, but a friend. She and her husband have been married for over ten years. They are in their late 30's, have good jobs, and a lovely home. We were talking about my IF issues, and I was telling her how happy I was that I was not invited to another friends baby shower, I am good at buying gifts and sending my congratulations, but being there in person is really hard for me.

So, anyways I asked her why her and her husband never had kids. Where they not able to, or was it just not something they wanted. She answered that they never wanted kids, and are both too selfish to have kids.

That's fine, I am not here to judge anyone, if you don't want kids, that's fine, I am just happy that she is with someone who feels the same way. So I continued to ask her, what do they use for birth control, because they are still both in child bearing years.
I was thinking she would say that her husband had a vasectomy, or she had her tubes tied, but she said they used condoms!

Again, not here to pass judgement, but CONDOMS! You are married for goodness sake. If I told my husband he had to wear a condom he would say, why the heck did I get married?!

I acted kinda shocked, but I said well that's good (I mean what do you say to that) but she continued to tell me, that they had decided that if she ever got pregnant that she would just have an abortion.

Now, again I really mean this, I am not passing judgement on anyone and what you choose to do with your life is your business. But I was absolutely appalled!

First off, why would you tell me this, I'm a friend who she knows is struggling to get pregnant. Do you really think I would want to hear about abortion. Secondly, here are two people who are able to care for a child, both financially and emotionally, how could you abort your spouses child!?

I turned to her and said, "if that ever happens please don't tell me about it!"

Seriously! I was so upset for the rest of the day, how could she say that, and to me of all people! I lost so much respect for her, because I really feel like she was not even thinking of my feelings in that conversation or her comments, and I cannot have people like that in my life!

No comments: