Saturday, January 3, 2009

Friends Having Babies...There is Hope for us Yet.

Our good friends had their second child yesterday. They have had their share of infertility issues, but never really pursued any medical treatment. And haven't endured any of the drugs, shots, blood taking or doctor appointments. But it has taken them 8 years to have 2 children.

John and I have been friends since elementary school and grew up in the same neighborhood. Sometimes, I wonder if there is something in the water here in Las Vegas or it's just this town causing infertility. I know the facts about infertility, but sometimes you wonder is their something going on? Just like cancer. I know so many people going through that it's like what's up?

My Friend John is the same age as me, but he started trying having kids a lot sooner. Although, they had trying times like us he had a little more time.

I guess I worry that I will be too old to play with our kids or won't see them graduate or get married or have children of their own. But that doesn't mean we quit trying or give up hope.

We have had more than one friend recently get pregnant, who have been having infertility issues too, which gives such a great sense of hope. I believe if someone else can do it so can we. Our turn is next.

No comments: