Thursday, January 15, 2009

Resting



Well, my lap was yesterday, and I had to admit that it was super easy, much easier then expected. I was in pain right after surgery, but after some pain killers I was good, when I left the hospital I had no pain. John and I got breakfast and went home, I went right onto the couch and rested all day. I had on and off shoulder pain (which is expected) as well as some pain around my inscision site (inside my belly button) but I took my pain killers every four hours and had a great nights sleep.

Today I was up when John went to work, I again rested on the couch for the majority of the day, I did venture out to Target and to the dry cleaners. I am having a little more shoulder pain today, and some stomach pains, but I am not taking my pain medicine as much, so it could just be that I am taking less medicine therefor feeling more pain.

Our doctor found no endo, but she did make sure my fallopian tubes are open and clear, so that is good, its been awhile since I had my HSG (which is where the shoot dye into your uterus in hopes that it comes out your fallopian tubes) so at least I know everything is cleaned out down there. I am happy that I don't have any endo, endo can be really painful as well as cause a lot of fertility issues. Like I need one more thing to worry about.

So all is well, I am still taking another three days off to rest and recover, tomorrow I am going to venture out for a few more errands and meetings, but I will still take lots of time to rest.

No comments: