Monday, April 13, 2009

Drama on the internet!

Let me start by saying that I am addicted to Thenestbaby.com, its a great resource for me, there are mesasge boards for all different types of fertility issues. I tend to hang out on the Trouble Trying to Concieve board and the Success after Infertility board. Well, today some shit went down. There is a girl on the Success after Infertility board who had her first daughter last March after no fertility treamtents, it was a "miracle" cycle that she happened to concieve. Well, her daugher just turned one and she just went through a miscarriage, she concieved very easily again, but lost it early on. Well, first month after the miscarriage she and her husband "accidently" had sex and she got pregnant again. Well, she comes over to our Trouble trying to concieve board and gets up on her soap box about how poor sperm morphology is no big deal, because she has gotten pregnant a bunch of times, and has a beautiful daughter to show for it, and how we should all have hope because she can get pregnant and her husband had one seman anaylsis that showed poor morphology.

Well, did girls get upset, she is certainly the most fertile infertile that we have all met! Yes, I am happy that she can get prengnat so easliy, but do not come over to our board and talk about how easily you can get pregnant when there are tons of women get get pregnant with poor morphology through IVF and ICSI. I truly wonder if this freak show's husband even has sperm issues, he had one damn test that showed it, and that means NOTHING. Try having several seaman anaysis's that show poor sperm quality. So don't parade around telling us it can happen to you, and it will happen to us! I could have sex all day long, we need medical intervention, not a freaking story about how one girl got pregnant. Yes, there is also a chance that I would win the lottery, does that mean I sit around and wait, HELL NO! Why would I sit around and wait for a stork when I could do IVF and fix our problem?!

I hate these women who give false hope to other women, there is a fine line between hope and advice. Hope for me comes from the dozens of women who have been successful with IVF on their first try. Not that fluke pregnany that comes out of no where.

I love my nestie girls! I never thought I could be so close to women that I have never met.




No comments: