Saturday, June 27, 2009

A weekend away from infertility

John and I took the weekend off- well more like 4 days off. We packed up and flew to Washington for our nephew's wedding. The wedding took place in a very small town about 2 hours from Seattle. As much as I LOVE the bright lights of Vegas I love being away from it all and being in a small town. Everyone seems to forget that I am really a small town girl that grew up shoveling horse manure at the barn.

It was so nice to have a weekend away for all the crap that is going on at home. I have not thought about our infertility once this weekend- well except for me writing this blog. While I am ready to get back and jump into our second IVF I actually found that I can have a life again. I forgot what it's like to not be thinking about infertility and it was amazing. I cannot wait until everyday is like this. I think it was so easy to forget about it because this weekend was not about us, it was about the bride and the groom and celebrating their commitment. I realized that not everything is about me and my problems.

Tonight we are going to a cookout on the river, it will be fun to hang out with everyone- I hope they have smores!

No comments: