Tuesday, May 12, 2009

14 is my new favorite number!

I had my first ultrasound on Monday to check and see how my follicles were doing after 3 days of stims and I had 14 measurable follicles. The doctor was very happy, she said my follicles are slowly but surely kicking into gear. My left ovary seems to be the rockstar ovary- with 9 follicles, the right ovary had 5 follicles. The doctor upped my Follistim and added in another stimulate- Menopour, that is also an injectible- so I am up to 3 shots a day now. Wow, I feel like a druggie!

Overall I feel great, I am starting to have a little ovary pain- which is good- it means my ovaries follicles are growing and containing perfect little eggs!

I used my Anji IVF meditiation cd last night and it was great, I was very relaxed and slept great. It uses meditation and visualtion and there is a track for each part of the cycle, right now I am on the track- stimming- from shots to retreival.

At my doctors request I am going for acupuncture tomorrow- day 6 of stims that is the perfect day for acupuncutre- so I'm sure that will be nice and relaxing, I love going for acupuncture.

I do not have another ultrasound until Friday- so I have full confidence that everything will look great and my follicles will be nice and healthy and contine to grow until early next week- that is my projected egg retreival date.


No comments: