Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Can you survive bedrest for 3 days?

Well, its back to normal tomorrow- back to work and back to life. In a way I am thrilled to get off the couch and join the human race again, but again how can my life be normal for another week and a half- I have six embryo's in me, that may or may not be forming our baby. It's all I can think about. I need to really focus on not being obsessed the next week and a half. But I survived bedrest for 3 days- in a way it was kind of nice and in another way I am so happy to be off the couch.

I found out today that we have more insurance that will cover another try at IVF- so if this doesn't work we will defiantley be doing this again. I wish there was a guarantee, but I know there is no guarantee in life with anything. It just seems like babies are everywhere and everyone can get pregnant, everyone BUT me.

John and I watched Jon and Kate Plus Eight last night, along with the other 9 million viewers- and during the sextuplets birthday party John looked at me and said "I want birthday parties" and he's right. I WILL NOT give up that, not now not ever. I dont't care what I have to do, IVF or adopt I WILL have parties for my kids and be called mom one day.

I know that families are formed in all different ways- but I want so much to get pregnant, and see the babies heart beat for the first time, and decorate a nursery, and go into labor, and bring our baby home from the hospital. Those are all basic human wants and I don't think we should have to give that up.




No comments: