Monday, May 18, 2009

And then there were 12- or maybe 15?!

So after a great weekend out of town, I had my final ultrasound and the egg retrieval is scheduled for Thursday, YEA!!! I took my final days of stims today, and tomorrow night I will take the HCG trigger shot- which will tell my follicles to release the eggs in 36 hours. So I report for surgery at 9AM on Thursday. I am so freaking excited, or maybe it's fear. Well, whatever it is I so so ready for this day. Looking back over the past two weeks it's gone really quick, and really has not been that bad. The doctor is hoping to get between 12 and 15 eggs- based on how many mature follicles I have which is a great number, heck maybe there will be some more in there that are hiding.

I am feeling very bloated and full of eggs- so I am very excited to get them out! Needless to say most of my pants are not fitting very well, thank goodness for summer dresses that are forgiving in the waist area!

So I am super excited now I just have to get through the next 3 days.


No comments: