Friday, November 21, 2008

Nameberry.com

Well in the spirit of Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's new little bundle of joy being born on Thursday, being named Bronx, which is a very different name, I discovered this website, www.Nameberry.com. Its fabulous it has a great database of names and it has very different lists, stuff like:
1. Names of children most likely headed to Harvard (yes our favorite baby name was on there!)
2. Yuppie names (yes our favorite name was on there!)
3. If you love (insert trendy name) you will also love
4. Classic names that are trendier then you would think

Its really a fresh take on baby names, and the way they are listed is very cool, I was addicted to the site in like 2 seconds. So log on and check out your favorite names!

John and I like the majority of the same names, so that's good, at least we don't argue over naming our children. But we like very classic names. I like trendy names, but I refuse to have my kids in school, and attendance is being taken and they get to Ava, Madison, Aiden, and Max and every kid has their hand in the air. I also do not want my kid to be 40 years old and have a name that sounds babyish. I mean I would like my kids to be successful, and can you really be successful with a name like, Heaven or Princess? I mean get real! I know they sound cute now, but are they really cute when the kid grows up. We need to think about what this name is going to look like on a wedding invitation, on a door plaque and on a business card. Would you go to do a doctor with a name like Princess? Or would you hire an attorney with a name like Zuma? I wouldn't!

No comments: