Monday, December 15, 2008

Taking a Break From All Your Worries...



Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot. Or so the lyrics go in the Cheers theme song. We are going to to take a break from IUI's for a month or so and give Shannon's body a chance to rest.

Although, I don't think Shannon has thought the IUI procedures were that bad I have had my moments. The bad cramps she's had after the procedures and the this last cycle I thought she was going to bleed to death, but with being the trooper she is doing great...aside from the disappointment.

I am glad she is getting a chance to rest for a moment. I know she wants to have a good time for the holidays. We have friends who have had troubles getting pregnant and a night of relaxation and cocktails led to them getting their bundle of joy 9 months later.

I have a new concern, which is her scheduled laparoscopic surgery. Laparoscopic surgery, also known as minimally invasive surgery, is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are preformed through small incisions. We are doing this to see if there is something else going on that we can't tell otherwise without going inside at taking a peak. I guess my concern is, although it doesn't seem that bad, it still is surgery. They have to use anesthetic and Shannon won't be able to lift anything for about a month. At least we will be able to see if there is something else going on that we don't know about and possibly fix it.

The good part is that we can hopefully just get things off are minds for a while. People say if yo just relax it will happen. So we will put that to the test. But I think some how it will still be on our minds. We will be with family and friends for the holidays and sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name.

No comments: