Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts from 08 and hopes for 09



As we get ready to celebrate 2009 I have to think about all the things about 08 that I am grateful for. Looking back I tend to think about all the bad things from 08 and the good things seem to blend into the background.

Things I am grateful for from 2008:
1. My wonderful husband- dealing with infertility has brought us closer together.
2. My wonderful family- I have great parents, my mom has been there for me in all my tears throughout the past year. I have a great and supportive mother in law and two sister in laws, as well as fun and loving nieces and nephews, as well as my great nieces and nephews. Oh how I am loving watch them grow up, Autumn (who is 9) amazes me every time I see her.
3. Holding my nieces son, Neves, one hour after he was born, watching her go through her pregnancy was hard for me, but I had nothing by tears of joy when I held him.
4. Our beautiful new home, we finally have room to grow and entertain- and we were able to rent our other home quickly.
5. Wonderful vacations, we went to Mexico and Universal Studios and had a blast!
6. Watching our business continue to grow slowly but surely, its taught me a lot.
7. This may sound strange, but in a way I am grateful for having to struggle with infertility (though I was gladly get off this train) but it has taught me patience, faith, and made me realize what it truly important in life.
8. Still being employed, with health insurance (that covers some infertility treatments) being able to buy food without thinking about it, being able to treat myself to a new shirt or new pair of shoes. Having a new car that I love that is dependable and safe. I used to get upset because I couldn't buy a $500 pair of shoes that I wanted, but now I am just grateful that I can buy the $50 pair of shoes.
9. Our wonderful doctors, Dr. Littman and Dr. Roth- who have become very special to me- they do everything in their power to help us achieve our dream of becoming parents. I am also grateful that we have the medical advances available to help battle infertility.

So I though I would take a minute to reflect on the years past and my hopes for the new year. I hate the word resolution, because it sets you up to fail, so I try to think about it as goals for 09. The most important thing about abouts goals is that they are attainable and that you set a time limit that you will achieve your goal.

Goals for 09:
1. Eat healthier and work out more- walk the dog, do cardio 2 times per week
2. Get pregnant and deliver a healthy baby
3. Continue to grow our business
4. Continue to do well at my job
5. Spend more time with family, I need to plan a trip to see my parents
6. Vacation more (may be put on hold if pregnant) but try to take advantage of some great dream trips with World Ventures.
7. Continue to love John and make our relationship even stronger
8. Learning to accept life as it comes, not looking to far into the future

Overall 08 has been a growing and learning year for me, I feel like I am learning something new everyday, my patience and my faith has been tested and I am learning how to deal with that. I will keep my faith in God that our lives will be blessed with a baby and many other wonderful experiences.

Cheers to a happy and healthy new year! I will you all great success and prosperity in 2009!

No comments: